The SIU-C represents the best and most precise protection solution for transformers and electrical machines in high, medium, and low-voltage distribution systems. The SIU-C is a voltage and frequency protection relay that protects decoupling, load shedding, and loss of main (islanding), universal with an auxiliary power supply of 24-230 Vdc/ac.
Reliable Interconnection between grids by means of Under/Overfrequency (81U/O) and Rate of Change of Frequency (ROCOF-81R) functions and others.
To allow the communication, relays are provided with a local micro USB front port and with remote communication with different options ports and protocols; Rear RS485 Port: IEC60870-5-103, Modbus RTU, or DNP3.0 Serial. RJ45 Port: Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104 + Web Server + SNTP Protocol.
The SIU-C is provided with 11 configurable inputs and 5 configurable outputs. It is provided with non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 3072 events and disturbance fault recording (DFR), maintaining date & time thanks to its internal RTC (real Time Clock).
Fanox counts, with its own SICom Communications Program, allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991)
- The SIU-C is a voltage and frequency protection relay for transformers and electrical machines, in high, medium, and low voltage distribution systems. Also protects decoupling, load shedding, and loss of main (islanding), universal with auxiliary the power supply of 24-230 Vdc/ac.
- Voltage measurement: 5 voltage channels for conventional VTs.
- The capability of measuring up to 1.000 volts when it is connected directly to the low voltage line.
- Metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and a wide range of operating temperatures.
- Protection of decoupling, load shedding, and loss of main (islanding). Loss of Main (islanding) occurs when part of the public utility network loses connection with the rest of the system. If this situation is not detected, then the generator could remain connected, causing a safety hazard within the network. Automatic reconnection of the generator to the network may occur causing damage to the generator and the network. SIU-C protection relay detects this situation thanks to its voltage and frequency functions focused on the Rate of change of frequency (ROCOF) method.
- Signaling/control of the circuit breaker (52 function) and the recloser (79 function).
- To allow the communication, relays are provided with a local micro USB front port and with remote communication with different options (ports and protocols) on the rear side:
- Rear RS485 Port: IEC60870-5-103, Modbus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial.
- Rear RJ45 Port: Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104 + Web Server + SNTP Protocol
- Synchronization through IRIG-B is optional depending on the model.
- The SIU-C is provided with 11 configurable inputs and 5 configurable outputs.
- The SIU-C is fitted with the demand of voltage (Load Data Profiling) with the following characteristics:
- The number of records: 2160.
- Recording mode circular.
- Sampling rate (interval): configurable through communications (1-60 min).
- An alarms panel is available.
- SIU-C is provided with non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 3072 events and disturbance fault recording (DFR), maintaining date & time thanks to its internal RTC (Real Time Clock).
- 5 records in data and COMTRADE format (300 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 292 to 299 postfault cycles.
- 25 records in data and COMTRADE format (60 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 52 to 59 postfault cycles.
- 50 records in data and COMTRADE format (30 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 22 to 29 postfault cycles.
- 100 records in data and COMTRADE format (15 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 7 to 14 postfault cycles.)
- The oscillography is downloaded by a communications port.
The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991).
59 Phase overvoltage (Bus Bar)
59-L Phase overvoltage (Line)
59N/G Calculated/Measured neutral overvoltage (Bus Bar)
47 Phase Balance voltage protection (Bus Bar)
27 Phase Undervoltage (Bus Bar)
27-L Phase undervoltage (Line)
27V1 Positive sequence Undervoltage (Bus Bar)
∆V/∆t Rate of change of voltage
81R Rate of change of Frequency (ROCOF)
78 Out of Step (Vector Shift)
79 AC Reclosing device
HLT Hot Line Tag
52 Breaker wear monitoring
25 Synchro Check
BF Circuit Breaker Failure
74TCS Trip Circuit Supervision
74CCS Close Circuit Supervision
49T External Trip
86 Trip lockout
PGC Programmable logic control
RTC Real Time Clock
ALRM Alarm panel
PGC Programmable Logic Control
HMI Human Machine Interface
SER Sequential Event Recording
DFR Disturbance Fault Recording
LDP Load Data Profiling
STTG Settings Groups
Communication Software for all Fanox Protection Relays MV Range
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements, and to analyse and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with the Windows®7, Windows®8, Windows®8.1, and Windows®10 operating systems.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing the configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading settings files
- Saving and Loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and blocking/unblocking the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The software update does not require any user´s action; if the computer is connected to the Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.
|Type||OC & EF PROTECTION||VOLTAGE & FREQUENCY PROTECTION||LINE, FEEDER AND GENERATOR PROTECTION||LINE, FEEDER AND GENERATOR PROTECTION|
|Auxiliary Supply||24-230 Vdc/Vac||24-230 Vdc/Vac||24-48Vdc or 48-230 Vac/dc or 24-230 Vac/dc||24-230 Vdc/Vac|
|Consumption||3,3 – 4,5 W||< 6 W. 24-230 Vdc/Vac < 10VA||24-48 Vdc and 48-230 Vac/dc < 10VA. 24-230Vac/dc < 20VA||24-230Vac/dc < 20VA|
|Current measurement||Standard CT > 0,5VA||n/a||Standard CT > 0,5VA||Standard CT > 0,5VA|
|Voltage measurement||n/a||VT or directly to the low voltage line||VT or directly to the low voltage line||VT or directly to the low voltage line|
|VT connection type||n/a||Adjustable||Adjustable||Adjustable|
|50/51||2||n/a||4 levels of 67 *||4 levels of 67 *|
|50/51G||2||n/a||2 levels of 67G *||2 levels of 67G *|
|50/51N||2||n/a||2 levels of 67N *||2 levels of 67N *|
|68 (Trip Bus)||1||1||1||1|
|Inputs||3 / 5 / 6 / 9||11||8 / 16 / 24 / 8 + 4 AFD||11|
|Outputs||3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7||5||7 / 11 / 18 / 7 + 4 HS-O||5|
|LEDs||8 configurable||11 configurable||11 configurable||11 configurable|
|HMI||20x2 LCD + 11 keys||20x4 LCD + 13 key||20x4 LCD + 13 keys||20x4 LCD + 13 keys|
|52 & 79 HMI||2 LEDs + 4 keys||2 LEDs + 4 keys||2 LEDs + 4 keys||3 LEDs + 4 keys|
|Fault Report||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100|
|Oscillography||Configurable up to 100 records||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100|
|Local Port (frontal)||Micro USB||Micro USB||Micro USB||Micro USB|
|Remote Port (rear)||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet or Fiber Optic||RS485 or Ethernet|
|Communications Protocols||RS485 (ModBus RTU or IEC60870-5-103 or DNP3.0 Serial) RJ45 (Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3 TCP/IP or IEC 60870-5-104) RJ45 (IEC61850) + SNTP protocol||RS485(ModBus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial or IEC60870-5-103) RJ45 (Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104) + SNTP protocol||RS485(ModBus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial or IEC60870-5-103) RJ45(Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104) RJ45(IEC 61850) FO-LC(IEC61850) + SNTP protocol||RS485(ModBus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial or IEC60870-5-103) RJ45 (Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104) + SNTP protocol|
|Size of||177 x 107 mm||177 x 107 mm||198 x 187 mm||177 x 107 mm|
Generator/Feeder Protection Relays
Fanox SIL-G is a relay for primary distribution which can protect a feeder by means of current, voltage, and frequency functions.
His main features include Arc Flash detection (AFD) with 4 AFD inputs and 4 high-speed outputs, and being able to choose between universal supply and Self-Powered through VTs.
It also brings some innovative features such as a WIFI connection providing complete safety during maintenance.
SIC-A Redundancy Protocols Gateway (PRP/HSR)
Communication Solutions for Smart Grid.
This technology implies an important technology leap for the industry, due to the transmission of a huge amount of data, in many cases in real time, is required.
To implement these new technologies the industry requires an easy and flexible system that is able to adapt to its all requirements.
The protocols gateways provide an easy way to adapt the existing devices to the new technologies.