Robust and Reliable FEEDER & GENERATOR PROTECTION RELAY for Primary protection or backup of feeders with rigid neutral systems (directional protection).
The SIL-G is the perfect feeder protection relay with current, voltage, and frequency functions for primary and secondary distribution with an auxiliary power supply of 24230 Vdc/ac, 48-230 Vdc/ac, 24-48 Vdc or in self-powered mode through the VTs (depending on model).
Offers enhanced features, and flexible communications, having WIFI, allows the users to set and configure the relay through Fanox free software and to operate the relay without being present in the installation prioritizing the security. The oscillography is downloaded by a communications port. The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991
Reliability and security with protection against islanding detecting wave changes based on its voltage and frequency protections and preventing severe damages thanks to out of step function.
Integrating the synchronization capability into the generator protection relay through IRIG-B, SNTP, and Arc Flash detection (AFD) with 4 AFD inputs and 4 high-speed outputs available depending on model provides the most reliable solution. Preventative maintenance, advanced communications and security, Grid interconnection (Renewable energy).
Main applications: Renewable energy facilities and 36 kV / 66kV / 132 kV substations.
The SIL-G is a perfect protection relay for primary distribution which can protect a feeder by means of current and voltage functions.
- It also have the advantage that provided with the main functions to protect a generator protecting decoupling, load shedding and loss of main (islanding). It is normally used with a circuit breaker as cutting element.
- SIL-G can work with auxiliary power supply 24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac or in self-powered mode through the VTs (depending on model).
- Capability of measuring up to 1.000 volts when it is connected directly to the low voltage line.
- Protects decoupling, load shedding and loss of main (islanding). Loss of Mains (islanding) occurs when part of the public utility network loses connection with the rest of the system. If this situation is not detected, then the generator could remain connected, causing a safety hazard within the network. Automatic reconnection of the generator to the network may occur causing damage to the generator and the network. SIL-G protection relay detects this situation thanks to its voltage and frequency functions focused on the Rate of change of frequency (ROCOF) method.
- Protection functions: 50 (2), 67/51/50 (4), 50N (1), 50G (1), 67N (2), 67G (2), 46, 46BC, 49, 37, 59 (2), 59N/G (2), 59L, 47, 27(2), 27V1, 27L, 32 (4), 81O/U (4), 81R (4), 78, CLP, SHB, 50BF, 79, 52, 86, 49T, 74CT,60, 74TCS. Optionally 25, 27L and 59L.
- Arc Flash detection (AFD) with 4 AFD inputs and 4 high-speed outputs available depending on model.
- 79 protection function (Recloser) allows up to 4 attempts of reclosing which can be programmed by the user.
- SIL-G has metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and wide range of operating temperature.
- Direct signaling/control of the circuit breaker (52 function), of the recloser (79 function) and the communications local/remote control.
- To allow the communication locally, relays have a front USB port. Depending on model, WiFi local communication is available.
- For remote communications several rear ports are available with the following protocols (depending on model):
- Serial rear port RS485: Modbus RTU, DNP3.0 Serial or IEC 60870-5-103
- Ethernet rear port RJ45: Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC 61850
- Fiber Optic: redundant communication (HSR – IEC 61850)
- Alarms panel is available.
- SIL-G is capable of displaying different measurements like:
- Phase currents, neutral (measured and calculated), maximum current, positive sequence current and negative sequence current.
- Second harmonic current per phase
- Phase to neutral, phase to phase voltages, neutral voltage (calculated and measured), maximum voltage, phase B line voltage (optional for the model with ANSI 25), positive sequence voltage and negative sequence voltage.
- Current angle for each phase and neutral (referred to VA). Voltage angle per each phase and neutral (referred to V-A). Phase B Line voltage angle (optional for the model with ANSI 25).
- Active, reactive and apparent powers (3- phase and per phase)
- Thermal image
- Line frequency and busbar frequency
- Rate of change of frequency
- The SIL-G is provided with (depending on model):
- 8 configurable inputs and 7 configurable outputs.
- 16 configurable inputs and 11 configurable outputs.
- Up to 100 oscillographic records and fault reports (1500 cycles in total considering the number of cycles configurable to 15, 30 or 60 cycles), load data profiling with up to 2160 records and 2048 events can be recorded in non-volatile RAM memory maintaining the date and time thanks to its internal RTC (Real Time Clock).
- Synchronization through IRIG-B and SNTP optional depending on model.
50 Phase instantaneous overcurrent
50N Neutral instantaneous overcurrent
50G Ground instantaneous overcurrent
67 Inverse time directional phase overcurrent
67N Inverse time directional neutral overcurrent
67G Inverse time directional ground overcurrent
46 Phase balance current
46BC Broken conductor detection
49 Thermal image
37 Phase instantaneous overcurrent
59 Instantaneous phase overvoltage
59N Instantaneous neutral overvoltage (measured/calculated)
59L Instantaneous line phase L overvoltage
27 Instantaneous phase undervoltage
27L Instantaneous line phase L undervoltage
27V1 Positive sequence undervoltage
47 Phase balance voltage
32U/O Directional Power
81U/O Under/Over frequency
81R Rate of change of frequency (ROCOF)
78 Vector shift (Out of step)
CLP Cold Load Pick-up
SHB Second harmonic blocking
50BF Breaker failure monitoring
52 Breaker wear monitoring
86 Trip output lockout with PLC
49T External trip
74CT CT Supervision
60 Voltage Circuit supervision
74TCS Trip circuit supervision
25 Synchro check
AFD Arc Flash detection
Communication Software for SIA & SIL protection relays
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, to modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements and to analyse and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with the Windows® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating system.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading settings files
- Saving and Loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and block/unblock the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The update of the software does not require any user´s action, this is, if the computer is connected to Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.
|SIL RANGE||SIL-D||SIL-A||SIL-B||SIL-G||SIL-V||SIL G ADVANCED|
|Type||OC & EF FOR PRIMARY DISTRIBUTION||OC & EF FOR PRIMARY DISTRIBUTION||FEEDER PROTECTION||GENERATOR PROTECTION||GENERATOR PROTECTION||FEEDER AND GENERATOR PROTECTION|
|Auxiliary Supply||24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac||24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac||24–48Vdc90-300Vdc/110-230Vac||24–48Vdc90-300Vdc/110-230Vac||24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac||24-220 Vdc/48-230 VacSelf-powered through the VTs|
|Consumption||3,3 – 4,5 W||3,3 – 4,5 W||3,3 – 5,5 W||3,3 – 5,5 W||3,3 – 5,5 W|
|Current measurement||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA|
|Voltage measurement||VT||VT||VT or directly from the line||VT or Directly from the line|
|VT connection type||Adjustable||Adjustable|
|68 (Trip Bus)||1||1|
|Inputs||6||6||8||8||6||8 / 16 / 24 / 8 + 4 AFD|
|Outputs||2 NO + 2 NC – NO||2 NO + 2 NC – NO||2 NC – NO + 5 NO||2 NC – NO + 5 NO||2 NO + 2 NC – NO||7 / 11 / 18 / 7 + 4 HS-O|
|LEDs||8 configurable||8 configurable||6 configurable||6 configurable||8 configurable||11 configurable|
|HMI||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X4 LCD + 13 keys|
|52 & 79 HMI||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 4 keys|
|Fault Report||20||20||20||20||20||Up to 100|
|Oscillography||5 records x 100 cycles||5 records x 100 cycles||2 records x 138 cycles||2 records x 138 cycles||5 records x 88 cycles||100 records x 1500 cycles|
|Local Port (frontal)||RS232||RS232||USB||USB||RS232||USB|
|Remote Port (rear)||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 + RS485Ethernet + RS485||RS485 + RS485Ethernet + RS485||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet or Fiber Optic|
|Communications Protocols||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||Modbus RTUDNP3.0 SerialIEC 60870-5-103Modbus TCP/IPDNP3.0 TCP/IPIEC 61850|
|Size of||177 x 107 mm||177 x 107 mm||241,31 x 177,80 mm||241,31 x 177,80 mm||177 x 107 mm||198 x 187 mm|
- Communication Solutions for Smart Grid.
- Supported protocols: IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101/103/104, DNP3 serial/TCP, Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 62056 – DLMS, IEC 61400, …
- Protocol Gateway
- Redundant Protocol Gateway
- Most complete topology