Protection for Renewable Energy Facilities, Industrial Plants and Secondary Network
The SIL-G is a complete Protection and Control Relay used in Primary and Secondary Distribution networks for Feeder and Generator applications.
This relay is capable of operating with current, voltage, power, and frequency functions and is suitable to be implemented in substation levels for Utility Companies and industrial electrical systems for the renewable sector or any other.
It can be used in installations with different voltage levels since It is able to work with auxiliary supply from 24 to 230 V dc/ac
SIL-G supports IEC 61850 standard edition 1 and 2, implementing GOOSE messaging for the automation and control of substations, facilitating interoperability with other systems, including HSR and PRP redundancy networks and Copper or Fiber Optic connections.
It is able to be adapted from basic applications to the most complex ones where a more significant number of I/O are needed. It includes a particular module for Arc Flash Detection (AFD) with sensors included as a complete solution.
SIL-G is able to operate in different network levels assuring the correct time synchronization using SNTP or IRIG-B protocols. The new SILG family is safe and secure by implementing Wi-Fi with WPA2-AES encryption and secure access levels. This enables it to be operated even if the engineers/technicians are out of the installation, avoiding any potential risk.
The SIL-G also offers island protection by identifying wave changes based on voltage and frequency elements, coordinated with Active and Reactive Power Control, avoiding severe damage to the generator thanks also to the vector jump function.
Main applications: Renewable energy facilities and 36 kV / 66kV / 132 kV substations.
- The SIL-G is a feeder relay with current, voltage, and frequency functions for primary and secondary distribution with an auxiliary power supply of 24-230 Vdc/ac, 48-230 Vdc/ac, 24 48 Vdc, or in self-powered mode through the VTs (depending on model).
- The capability of measuring up to 1.000 volts when it is connected directly to the low voltage line.
- Metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and wide range of operating temperature.
- Protection of decoupling, load shedding, and loss of main (islanding). Loss of Main (islanding) occurs when part of the public utility network loses connection with the rest of the system. If this situation is not detected, then the generator could remain connected, causing a safety hazard within the network. Automatic reconnection of the generator to the network may occur causing damage to the generator and the network. SIL-G protection relay detects this situation thanks to its voltage and frequency functions focused on the Rate of change of frequency (ROCOF) method.
- Signaling/control of the circuit breaker (52 function) and the recloser (79 function).
- Arc Flash detection (AFD) with 4 AFD inputs and 4 high-speed outputs available depending on the model. This functionality, along with the possibility of having WIFI communication, allows the users to set and configure the relay through Fanox free software and to operate the relay without being present in the installation prioritizing the security.
- Zone selection interlocking – ZSI (68 function) is available through configurable inputs and outputs thanks to the programmable logic (PGC).
- In case a CB is manually closed, a switch on to an existing fault may occur. This fault condition is critical if the overcurrent protection function does not clear the fault until the adjusted time delay is finished. It is necessary, in those cases, to clear the fault quickly by means of the SOTF function.
- To allow the communication, relays are provided with a local micro USB front port and with remote communication with
different options (ports and protocols) on the rear side:
- Rear RS485 Port: IEC60870-5-103, Modbus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial.
- Rear RJ45 Port: Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC61850.
- Rear FO-LC: IEC61850 and Redundancy (PRP or HSR).
- Synchronization through IRIG-B optional depending on the model.
- The SIL-G is provided with (depending on model):
- 8 configurable inputs and 7 configurable outputs.
- 24 configurable inputs and 7 configurable outputs.
- 8 configurable inputs and 18 configurable outputs.
- 16 configurable inputs and 11 configurable outputs.
- 8 configurable inputs, 7 configurable outputs, 4 AFD inputs, and 4 High-Speed outputs.
- SIL-G is fitted with the demand of power (Load Data Profiling) with the following characteristics:
- The number of records: 2160.
- Recording mode circular.
- Sampling rate (interval): configurable through communications (1-60 min).
- The alarm panel is available.
- SIL-G is provided with non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 3072 events and disturbance fault recording (DFR),
maintaining date & time thanks to its internal RTC (Real Time Clock).
- 5 records in data and COMTRADE format (260 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 252 to 259 postfault cycles.
- 25 records in data and COMTRADE format (60 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 52 to 59 postfault cycles.
- 50 records in data and COMTRADE format (30 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 22 to 29 postfault cycles.
- 100 records in data and COMTRADE format (15 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 7 to 14 postfault cycles.)
- The oscillography is downloaded by the communications port. The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991).
50 Instantaneous Phase Overcurrent
67 Inverse Time Directional Phase Overcurrent
50N Instantaneous calculated neutral Overcurrent
50G Instantaneous Measured Neutral Overcurrent
67N Inverse Time Directional Calculated Neutral Overcurrent
67G Inverse Time Directional Measured Neutral Overcurrent
SOTF Switch On To Fault
46 Phase Balance Current Protection
46BC Broken Conductor Detection
37 Instantaneous phase undercurrent
49 Thermal overload
SHB Second Harmonic Blocking
59 Instantaneous phase overvoltage
59N/G Instantaneous Calculated/Measured neutral overvoltage
59L Instantaneous Line overvoltage
47 Phase Balance voltage protection
27 Instantaneous Phase Undervoltage
27L Instantaneous Line Undervoltage
27V1 Instantaneous Positive sequence Undervoltage
32 Directional Overpower
81R Rate of change of Frequency (ROCOF)
78 Out of Step (Vector Shift)
CLP Cold Load pickup
79 AC Reclosing device
52 Breaker Wear Monitoring
25 Synchro Check
50BF Circuit Breaker Failure
74TCS Trip Circuit Supervision
60CTS Phase CT Supervision
60VTS Phase VT Supervision
AFD Arc Flash detection
86 Trip Lockout
68 Zone selection interlocking
PGC Programmable logic control
Communication Software for all Fanox Protection Relays MV Range
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements, and analyze and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with Windows® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing the configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading Settings files
- Saving and loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and blocking/unblocking the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The software update does not require any user´s action; if the computer is connected to the Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.
|Type||OC & EF PROTECTION||VOLTAGE & FREQUENCY PROTECTION||LINE, FEEDER AND GENERATOR PROTECTION||LINE, FEEDER AND GENERATOR PROTECTION|
|Auxiliary Supply||24-230 Vdc/Vac||24-230 Vdc/Vac||24-48Vdc or 48-230 Vac/dc or 24-230 Vac/dc||24-230 Vdc/Vac|
|Consumption||3,3 – 4,5 W||< 6 W. 24-230 Vdc/Vac < 10VA||24-48 Vdc and 48-230 Vac/dc < 10VA. 24-230Vac/dc < 20VA||24-230Vac/dc < 20VA|
|Current measurement||Standard CT > 0,5VA||n/a||Standard CT > 0,5VA||Standard CT > 0,5VA|
|Voltage measurement||n/a||VT or directly to the low voltage line||VT or directly to the low voltage line||VT or directly to the low voltage line|
|VT connection type||n/a||Adjustable||Adjustable||Adjustable|
|50/51||2||n/a||4 levels of 67 *||4 levels of 67 *|
|50/51G||2||n/a||2 levels of 67G *||2 levels of 67G *|
|50/51N||2||n/a||2 levels of 67N *||2 levels of 67N *|
|68 (Trip Bus)||1||1||1||1|
|Inputs||3 / 5 / 6 / 9||11||8 / 16 / 24 / 8 + 4 AFD||11|
|Outputs||3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7||5||7 / 11 / 18 / 7 + 4 HS-O||5|
|LEDs||8 configurable||11 configurable||11 configurable||11 configurable|
|HMI||20x2 LCD + 11 keys||20x4 LCD + 13 key||20x4 LCD + 13 keys||20x4 LCD + 13 keys|
|52 & 79 HMI||2 LEDs + 4 keys||2 LEDs + 4 keys||2 LEDs + 4 keys||3 LEDs + 4 keys|
|Fault Report||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100|
|Oscillography||Configurable up to 100 records||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100||configurable up to 100|
|Local Port (frontal)||Micro USB||Micro USB||Micro USB||Micro USB|
|Remote Port (rear)||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet or Fiber Optic||RS485 or Ethernet|
|Communications Protocols||RS485 (ModBus RTU or IEC60870-5-103 or DNP3.0 Serial) RJ45 (Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3 TCP/IP or IEC 60870-5-104) RJ45 (IEC61850) + SNTP protocol||RS485(ModBus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial or IEC60870-5-103) RJ45 (Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104) + SNTP protocol||RS485(ModBus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial or IEC60870-5-103) RJ45(Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104) RJ45(IEC 61850) FO-LC(IEC61850) + SNTP protocol||RS485(ModBus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial or IEC60870-5-103) RJ45 (Modbus TCP/IP or DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104) + SNTP protocol|
|Size of||177 x 107 mm||177 x 107 mm||198 x 187 mm||177 x 107 mm|
Includes comprehensive current, voltage, and frequency protection for switchgear in industrial and utility applications in a compact device. Its ability to measure up to 1,000 volts when connected directly to the low voltage line, makes it very reliable and provides 4 current channels and up to 5 voltage channels with conventional VTs
Local micro USB front port, remote communication, different ports, and protocols.
- Communication Solutions for Smart Grid.
- Supported protocols: IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-101/103/104, DNP3 serial/TCP, Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 62056 – DLMS, IEC 61400, …
- Protocol Gateway
- Redundant Protocol Gateway
- Most complete topology