The SIL-C Relay protects Feeders and Equipment and includes comprehensive current, voltage, and frequency protection for switchgear in industrial and utility applications in a compact device.
Its ability to measure up to 1,000 volts when connected directly to the low voltage line, makes it very reliable and provides 4 current channels and up to 5 voltage channels with conventional VTs
To allow the communication, relays are provided with a local micro USB front port and with remote communication with different options (ports and protocols). The SIL-C is provided with 11 configurable inputs and 5 configurable outputs.
The oscillography is downloaded by a communications port. The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded, increases efficiency and improves settings insights. It is saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991).
The SIL-C is a feeder relay with current, voltage, and frequency functions for primary and secondary distribution with an auxiliary power supply of 24- 230 Vdc/ac.
- 4 current channels and up to 5 voltage channels with conventional VTs.
- The capability of measuring up to 1.000 volts when it is connected directly to the low voltage line.
- Metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and wide range of operating temperature.
- Protection of decoupling, load shedding, and loss of main (islanding).
Loss of Main (islanding) occurs when part of the public utility network loses connection with the rest of the system. If this situation is not detected, then the generator could remain connected, causing a safety hazard within the network. Automatic reconnection of the generator to the network may occur causing damage to the generator and the network. SIL-C protection relay detects this situation thanks to its voltage and frequency functions focused on the Rate of change of frequency (ROCOF) method.
- Signaling/control of the circuit breaker (52 function) and the recloser (79 function).
- Zone selection interlocking – ZSI (68 function) is available through configurable inputs and outputs thanks to the programmable logic (PGC)
- In case a CB is manually closed, a switch on to an existing fault may occur. This fault condition is critical if the overcurrent protection function does not clear the fault until the adjusted time delay is ﬁnished. It is necessary, in those cases, to clear the fault quickly by means of the SOTF function.
- To allow the communication, relays are provided with a local micro USB front port and with remote communication with different options (ports and protocols) on the rear side:
- Rear RS485 Port: IEC60870-5-103, Modbus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial.
- Rear RJ45 Port: Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104 + Web Server + SNTP Protocol
- Synchronization through IRIG-B is optional depending on the model
- The SIL-C is provided with 11 configurable inputs and 5 configurable outputs.
- The SIL-C is fitted with the demand of power (Load Data Profiling) with the following characteristics:
- The number of records: 2160.
- Recording mode circular.
- Sampling rate (interval): conﬁgurable through communications (1-60 min).
- An alarms panel is available.
- SIL-C is provided with non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 3072 events and disturbance fault recording (DFR), maintaining date & time thanks to its internal RTC (Real Time Clock).
- 5 records in data and COMTRADE format (300 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 252 to 259 postfault cycles.
- 25 records in data and COMTRADE format (60 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 52 to 59 postfault cycles.
- 50 records in data and COMTRADE format (30 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 22 to 29 postfault cycles.
- 100 records in data and COMTRADE format (15 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 7 to 14 postfault cycles.)
- The oscillography is downloaded by a communications port. The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991).
50 Instantaneous phase overcurrent
67/51 Inverse Time Directional* Phase Overcurrent
50N Instantaneous calculated neutral overcurrent
50G Instantaneous measured neutral overcurrent
67N/51N Inverse Time Directional* Calculated Neutral Overcurrent
67G/51G Inverse Time Directional* Measured Neutral Overcurrent
67NI Directional isolated calculated neutral overcurrent
67GI Directional isolated measured neutral overcurrent
SOTF Switch On To Fault
46 Phase balance current protection
46BC Broken Conductor Detection
64REF Restricted earth fault
37 Instantaneous phase undercurrent
49 Thermal overload
49T External Trip
SHB Second Harmonic Blocking
59 Instantaneous phase overvoltage
59N/G Instantaneous Calculated/Measured neutral overvoltage
59L Instantaneous Line overvoltage
47 Phase Balance voltage protection
27 Instantaneous Phase undervoltage
27L Instantaneous Line undervoltage
27V1 Instantaneous Positive sequence undervoltage
32 Directional Overpower
81R Rate of change of Frequency (ROCOF)
78 Out of Step (Vector Shift)
CLP Cold Load pickup
79 AC Reclosing device
HLT Hot Line Tag
52 Breaker Wear Monitoring
25 Synchro Check
50BF Circuit Breaker Failure
74TCS Trip Circuit Supervision
60CTS Phase CT Supervision
60VTS Phase VT Supervision
86 Trip Lockout
68 Zone Selection Interlocking (ZSI)
PGC Programmable logic control
* ANSI 67, ANSI 67G, and ANSI 67N can be converted into ANSI 51, ANSI 51G and ANSI 51N respectively by setting the “Directionality” parameter to NO.
RTC Real Time Clock
ALRM Alarm panel
PGC Programmable Logic Control
HMI Human Machine Interface
SER Sequential Event Recording
DFR Disturbance Fault Recording
LDP Load Data Profiling
STTG Settings Groups
Communication Software for SIA & SIL Protection Relays
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, to modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements and analyze and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with Windows® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading Settings files
- Saving and loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and block/unblock the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The update of the software does not require any user´s action, this is, if the computer is connected to the Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.