SIA-C is an Overcurrent and Earth Fault Protection Relays with Self Powered or Dual Powered (self + auxiliary) models.
The relay is self powered using the operating current through three /5 (<5VA) or /1 (<2.5VA) standard current transformers fitted on the lines. These transformers are also used to obtain current measurements. Besides, SIA-C relay can be used with auxiliary power supply (24 Vdc, 230 Vac, 48 Vdc or 100-230 Vdc/ac). The relay can also be occasionally supplied by an external battery portable kit (KITCOM).
Front port connection (ModBus RTU protocol) for local communication. Remote communication through rear RS485 (ModBus RTU or IEC 60870-5-103 selectable by general setting).
The operating costs of the centre are realy reduced because of the installation and subsequent maintenance of batteries is eliminated.
In self powered mode, the start-up of the relay from low energy levels, 0.1 times of the nominal current in three phases, ensures capacity to trip.
Non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 1024 events and 20 fault report and, depending on model, disturbance fault recording (10 oscillographic records in COMTRADE format), maintaining date & time, thanks to its internal RTC (Real time clock) even without power supply.
SIA-C enjoys top recognition among users all around the world. This relay is extremely experienced of successfully operating devices in the field worldwide.
Considering these advantages, SIA-C can be used in multiple applications, and different mechanics have been developed to cover all clients’ requirement. SIA-C is the best choice for our customers, covering all the needs of the market.
Main Applications: Secondary Distribution Protection, RMU’s, MRMU’s and SF6 insulated switchgears
Overcurrent & Earth Fault Protection Relay
Secondary Distribution Protection, RMU’s, MRMU’s and SF6 insulated switchgears
- The SIA-C is a overcurrent protection relay with self powered and dual powered (self + auxiliary) models.
- The relay is self powered using the operating current through three /5 (<5VA) or /1 (<2.5VA) standard current transformers fitted on the lines. These transformers are also used to obtain current measurements. Besides, SIA-C relay can be used with auxiliary power supply (24 Vdc, 230 Vac, 48 Vdc or 100-230 Vdc/ac). The relay can also be occasionally supplied by an external battery portable kit (KITCOM).
- Internal commissioning battery as optional. Lithium battery: 20 years lifetime.
- Front port connection (ModBus RTU protocol) for local communication. Remote communication through rear RS485 (ModBus RTU or IEC 60870-5-103 selectable by general setting).
- Specific test menu is provided and configurable inputs and outputs
- High electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- The installation and subsequent maintenance of batteries is eliminated. The operating costs of the centre are reduced.
- In self powered mode, the start-up of the relay from low energy levels, 0.1 times of the nominal current in three phases, ensures capacity to trip.
- The line opening mechanism is activated either by means of a striker PRT, operated by the energy supplied by the relay itself, or by a coil using the TCM trip adapter in case it is necessary.
- There are bistable magnetic indicators which indicate the trip cause, maintaining their position even though the relay loses the supply (flags).
- Self diagnosis of the status (Watchdog) through leds and physical outputs.
- The SIA-C is fitted with the demand of current (Load Data Profiling) with the following characteristics:
- Number of records: 168
- Recording mode: circular
- Sampling rate (interval): configurable through communications: 1-60 min.
- Non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 1024 events and 20 fault report and, depending on model, disturbance fault recording (10 oscillographic records in COMTRADE format), maintaining date & time, thanks to its internal RTC (Real time clock) even without power supply.
50 Instantaneous Phase Overcurrent
51 Inverse time overcurrent
49T External trip
51G Inverse time measured neutral overcurrent
50G Instantaneous measured neutral overcurrent
46 Phase Balance current Protection
46BC Broken Conductor Detection
49 Thermal Image
SHB Second Harmonic Blocking
CLP Cold Load Pickup
79 AC Reclosing device
52 Breaker wear Monitoring
50BF Circuit Breaker Opening Failure
74TCS Trip Circuit Supervision
60CTS Phase CT Supervision
68 Zone selection interbloking
PGC Programmable Logic Control
Communication Software for SIA & SIL protection relays
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, to modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements and to analyse and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with the Windows® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating system.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading settings files
- Saving and Loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and block/unblock the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The update of the software does not require any user´s action, this is, if the computer is connected to Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.
|SIA RANGE||SIA-B Specific CT's||SIA-B Standard CT's||SIA-C Standard CT's||SIA-F|
|TYPE||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||AUXILIARY POWERED|
|Auxiliary Supply||24Vdc110Vac230Vac||24-230 Vac/dc||24Vdc230Vac48 Vdc110-230 Vac/Vdc||24-220 Vcc / 48-230 Vac|
|Self Power Supply||3.2 A for CT08-5 6.4 A for CT16-5 12.8 A for CT32-5 25.6 A for CT64-5 51.2 A for CT128/5 102.4 A for CT256/5 (x3)||0,075 In (x3)||0,1 In (x3)|
|External battery||USB cable / Power bank||USB cable / Power bank||KITCOM||USB cable / Power bank|
|Internal battery||√ (*)||√||√ (*)|
|Consumption||0,5 W||1,5 W||0,5 W||1,5 – 2,2 W|
|CT||Specific CT||Standard CT/1A - 2VA||Standard CT/1A - 2.5VA Standard CT/5A - 5VA||Standard CT/1 - 0,5VA Standard CT/5A - 0.5VA|
|68 Zone Selection interbloking||1||1||1|
|Inputs||--- EXT.TRIP||3 DI||--- EXT.TRIP 2DI 2DI + EXT.TRIP||--- 2DI|
|Outputs||--- 2NC-NO||3 NC-NO||--- 2 NC-NO 3 NO||1 NO + 1 NC-NO|
|Output for STRIKER||24 Vdc – 135 mJ||24 Vdc – 135 mJ||24 Vdc – 135 mJ|
|LEDs||2 LEDs 2 LEDs +1MAG.FLAG||4 LEDs||3 LEDs + 1 MAG.FLAGS 3 LEDs + 3 MAG.FLAGS||3 LEDs configurable|
|HMI||20X2 LCD + 7/8 keys||20X2 LCD + 8 keys||20X2 LCD + 7/8 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys|
|Oscillography||10 records x 50 cycles||10 records x 50 cycles||1 record x 22 cycles|
|Local Port (frontal)||USB||Micro USB||RS232||USB|
|Remote Port (rear)||RS485||RS485||RS485||RS485|
|Communications Protocols||ModBus RTU||ModBus RTU ModBus RTU or DNP3.0||ModBus RTU ModBus RTU or IEC60870-5-103||ModBus RTU DNP3.0|
|Size of (HxW)||Vertical: 120,65 x 167,80 mmHorizontal: 185,80 x 102,7 mm||90 X 245 mm||Vertical Compact: 177 x 155 mmVertical Standard: 177 x 189 mmHorizontal: 177,8 x 290,3 mm||167,80 x 120,65 mm|
Save Money using ONE Self-powered Relay for TWO Applications
A relay with different settings for normal operation and maintenance tasks is a requirement that is gaining more and more importance not only to speed up the process, but also to comply with newer an severer safety procedures.
So far, 2 relays, one for each application, are installed, but this solution is not practical considering the compact sizes of the RMUs and the importance of finding economic solutions for this purpose.
Fanox SIA-C with Standard CT’s Relay is provided with 4 separated settings groups that will allow the user to set different settings depending on the application. The Relay is provided with configurable inputs that are activated without external supply. By activating the corresponding inputs the relay will change automatically to the desired group . In addition, if configurable LEDs are used to indicate the settings group that the relay is working with.
SIA-C Relay becomes the most reliable solution to save money, to facilitate the settings process and to offer the best protection even when auxiliary supply is not available.
SIA-B Standard CT’s
Advanced OC&EF Self-Powered Relay
SIA-B is the most reliable dual powered (Self-Powered + Universal Vaux) relay offering a high performance previously available only in relays with Vaux:
Remote communications for SCADA (Modbus or DNP3.0 protocols)
- Up to 10 COMTRADE records
- Advanced protection functions
- Completely configurable I/O thanks to advanced logic
Very low start-up levels and minimum consumption <2 VA
Ansi Code Functions
50, 51, 50G, 51G, 49, 46, SHB, 49T, TB, 52, 50BF, CLP, 68, PGC
SIA-B Specific CT’s
Dual & Self-Powered OC&EF Protection Relays
Impeccably suited for protection in distribution as well as in Renewable Energy systems, SIA-B compact relay provides a comprehensive range of protection functions in an amazingly compact and lightweight housing providing maintenance free and a remarkable cost savings.
Remote communications RS485 Modbus RTU
- Self-Powered & Dual-Powered (Self+Vaux)
- Low consumption
- Wide protection range through the Sensors
- Load data profiling
- Disturbance fault recording
- With internal commissioning battery as optional
Ansi Code Functions
50, 51, 50N, 51N, SHB, 49T, 49, TB, PGC
SF6 & Metalclad Switchgear Protection Relay
Fanox SIA-F is our most competitive and cost-effective solution for overcurrent and earth-fault protection. Like all other Fanox protection relays the compact size with reduced depth makes it easier to install and saves costs.
Additionally the use of external CTs allows you to modify their relation adapting to your requirements and reducing installation costs while having a wider range power supply.
Ansi Code Functions
50, 50/51, 50N/G, 50/51N/G, 52, 49T, 68, 86, CLP, 50BF, 49, TB