The SIA-B is Dual & Self powered Overcurrent and Earth Fault Protection Relay, using the operating current through three specific current transformers fitted on the lines.
Thanks to this adaptation, the SIA-B relays offer reduced dimensions, making this relay easy to install, and its lightweight helps the customer to save costs in transport.
SIA-B is suitable for RMUs, SF6 insulated, and compact switchgear in those installations where the space is critical, making the maintenance much more manageable.
USB front port connection (ModBus RTU protocol) for local communication. Remote communication through rear RS485 (ModBus RTU)
These transformers are also used to obtain current measurements with the advantage that SIAB relay can also be used with auxiliary power supply (24 Vdc, 110 Vac or 230 Vac). The equipment can be occasionally supplied by an external battery portable kit (KITCOM).
- Dual & Self powered OC&EF Protection Relay using the operating current through specific current transformers fitted on the lines. These CTs are also used to obtain current measurements.
- Stores up to 100 events and DFR (4 fault reports in data format) in non-volatile RAM memory without power supply thanks to its internal RTC (Real Time Clock).
- 1 input, LEDs and Configurable outputs thanks to Programmable Logic Control (PGC).
- Test menu allows the trip circuit to be tested before the transformation center is powered up.
- Bistable magnetic indicator which indicates the trip condition, maintaining its position even though the relay loses the supply (flag).
- Self diagnosis of the status (WATCHDOG) through led.
- Internal Commissioning battery as optional. (Lithium battery: 20 years lifetime).
- High electomagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- Low power consumption (0.5 W, 24 Vdc).
- In Self powered mode, SIA-B starts-up from 0.4 times of primary three phase current.
- USB front port connection (ModBus RTU protocol) for local communication. Remote communication through rear RS485 (ModBus RTU)
- Its compact size makes SIA-B really easy to install and its light weight helps the customer to save costs in transport.
50 Instantaneous phase overcurrent
51 Inverse time overcurrent
51N Inverse time calculated neutral overcurrent
49T External trip
50N Instantaneous calcalated neutral overcurrent
49 Thermal image
49T External trip
PGC Programmable logic control
TB Trip Block for switch disconnector
Communication Software for SIA & SIL protection relays
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, to modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements and to analyse and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with the Windows® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating system.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading settings files
- Saving and Loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and block/unblock the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The update of the software does not require any user´s action, this is, if the computer is connected to Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.
|SIA RANGE||SIA-B Specific CT's||SIA-B Standard CT's||SIA-C Standard CT's||SIA-F|
|TYPE||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||AUXILIARY POWERED|
|Auxiliary Supply||24Vdc110Vac230Vac||24-230 Vac/dc||24Vdc230Vac48 Vdc110-230 Vac/Vdc||24-220 Vcc / 48-230 Vac|
|Self Power Supply||3.2 A for CT08-5 6.4 A for CT16-5 12.8 A for CT32-5 25.6 A for CT64-5 51.2 A for CT128/5 102.4 A for CT256/5 (x3)||0,075 In (x3)||0,1 In (x3)|
|External battery||USB cable / Power bank||USB cable / Power bank||KITCOM||USB cable / Power bank|
|Internal battery||√ (*)||√||√ (*)|
|Consumption||0,5 W||1,5 W||0,5 W||1,5 – 2,2 W|
|CT||Specific CT||Standard CT/1A - 2VA||Standard CT/1A - 2.5VA Standard CT/5A - 5VA||Standard CT/1 - 0,5VA Standard CT/5A - 0.5VA|
|68 Zone Selection interbloking||1||1||1|
|Inputs||--- EXT.TRIP||3 DI||--- EXT.TRIP 2DI 2DI + EXT.TRIP||--- 2DI|
|Outputs||--- 2NC-NO||3 NC-NO||--- 2 NC-NO 3 NO||1 NO + 1 NC-NO|
|Output for STRIKER||24 Vdc – 135 mJ||24 Vdc – 135 mJ||24 Vdc – 135 mJ|
|LEDs||2 LEDs 2 LEDs +1MAG.FLAG||4 LEDs||3 LEDs + 1 MAG.FLAGS 3 LEDs + 3 MAG.FLAGS||3 LEDs configurable|
|HMI||20X2 LCD + 7/8 keys||20X2 LCD + 8 keys||20X2 LCD + 7/8 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys|
|Oscillography||10 records x 50 cycles||10 records x 50 cycles||1 record x 22 cycles|
|Local Port (frontal)||USB||Micro USB||RS232||USB|
|Remote Port (rear)||RS485||RS485||RS485||RS485|
|Communications Protocols||ModBus RTU||ModBus RTU ModBus RTU or DNP3.0||ModBus RTU ModBus RTU or IEC60870-5-103||ModBus RTU DNP3.0|
|Size of (HxW)||Vertical: 120,65 x 167,80 mmHorizontal: 185,80 x 102,7 mm||90 X 245 mm||Vertical Compact: 177 x 155 mmVertical Standard: 177 x 189 mmHorizontal: 177,8 x 290,3 mm||167,80 x 120,65 mm|
Advanced OC&EF Self-Powered Relay
SIA-B is the most reliable dual powered (Self-Powered + Universal Vaux) relay offering a high performance previously available only in relays with Vaux:
Remote communications for SCADA (Modbus or DNP3.0 protocols)
- Up to 10 COMTRADE records
- Advanced protection functions
- Completely configurable I/O thanks to advanced logic
Very low start-up levels and minimum consumption <2 VA
Ansi Code Functions
50, 51, 50G, 51G, 49, 46, SHB, 49T, TB, 52, 50BF, CLP, 68, PGC
Dual & Self-Powered OC&EF Protection Relays
Counting with an extensive experience of successfully operating devices in the field worldwide and thanks to these unique advantages, SIA-C enjoys top recognition among users all around the planet.
Above all, the different mechanics available by model list make our SIA-C the best choice for our customers, covering all the needs of the market
Remote communications RS485 Modbus RTU or IEC 60870-5-103
- Self-Powered & Dual-Powered (Self+Vaux)
- Standard CTs /1 or /5
- Low start-up levels
- Load data profiling
- Self diagnosis (watchdog)
- Non-volatile RAM memory (up to 1.024 events and 20 fault report), maintaining date & time even in SP mode, thanks to its internal RTC
- With internal commissioning battery as optional
- Withdrawable model as optional
Ansi Code Functions
50, 51, 49T, 51G, 50G, 46, 46BC, 49, SHB, CLP, 79, 52, 50BF, 74TCS, 60CTS, 68, PGC
FANOX FTB/FTP test block allows testing the protection, control, metering and/or communication device of a facility connected to field switchgear, easily and safely, isolating the circuits fully and eliminating all risks for the user.
- Maximum safety for the user.
- Internal automatic CT short circuiting.
- Single hand fully isolated plug.
- Locking system for safest operation.
- Possibility of horizontal or vertical mounting, respectively.