The SYNC200 series of embedded chip products offers the capability to upgrade different devices incorporating latest smart grid substation and metering protocols. There is superior protocols like IEC 61850 that are needed for IED (Intelligente Electronic Devices) and this module is able to help manufacturers to upgrade to support it. Additionally, the module handle with almost any protocol (i.e DNP3.0, IEC 608570-5-101 / 103 / 104 and DLMS/COSEM) that enabling faster go-to-market, while saving on R&D and product development costs.
SYNC 200 provides not just one-to-one protocol conversion, but also many-to-many protocol conversion and supports a full set of protocols. Moreover, the small size and the various interfacing mechanisms like TTL, I2C SPI and GPIO make it ideal for a large variety of products and applications.
The complete integration process, including board design and testing, can be completed within a span of 2-3 weeks. Fanox provides a versatile SYNC 205 Starter Kit containing Development Board, SYNC 200 modules, design details and User Guide, along with technical support..
|Scalability & Upgradability||
SYNC 200 series comes in numerous models for varying performance and dimension requirements.
45mm x 40mm x 21.6mm
SYNC 221 is best suited for space critical applications for conversion between most standard protocols, and is almost half the size of the other models. With onboard Ethernet port, SYNC 221 is ideal for applications which require less data points support using a small form factor communication card.
SYNC 221-M1 with on board Copper Ethernet
63mm x 55mm x 18mm*
SYNC 241 provides up to 48 GPIOs and plug-in ethernet jack with support for copper or fiber Ethernet port plug making it possible to use this module as the building block for smart grid ready IEDs like relays, switchgears and many more.
• SYNC 241-M1: with Copper Ethernet addon
• SYNC 241-M2: with ST Fiber Ethernet addon
• SYNC 241-M4: with LC Fiber Ethernet addon
• SYNC 241-M3: with onboard Copper Ethernet port
* Base board only
55mm x 50mm x 9mm*
SYNC 261 powered with high-end processor, wich is ideal for modern automation systems. The dual redundant communication link and can be used for various applications apart from protocol conversion, 61131 based logic engine, web-based monitoring systems.
• SYNC 261-M1: base board
• SYNC 261-M2: Base Board with: Dual Copper Ethernet addon
*Base board only
SYNC 200 modules have been used in:
- Alarm Annunciators
- Capacitor Banks
- Circuit Breakers
- Data Loggers
- Energy Meters
- Industrial Ethernet Switches
- Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Protection Relays
- Remote Terminal Units (RTUs)
- Transformer Monitoring Systems
Some of the SYNC 200 protocol upgrade option examples are:
- Modbus RTU to IEC 61850
- Modbus RTU to DLMS COSEM
- Modbus RTU to DNP3
- Modbus RTU to IEC 60870-5-104
- DNP3 to IEC 61850
- DNP3 to IEC 60870-5-104
- DLMS COSEM to Modbus RTU / TCP
- DLMS COSE to IEC 61850
- IEC 60870-5-101 to IEC 61850
- IEC 60870-5-103 to IEC 61850
Kalkitech has built a Developer Kit that will help test and integrate Kalkitech’s SYNC 200 modules into the vendor end devices quickly and with minimal costs. The developer kit comes with the necessary developer board and sample embedded modules hardware, configuration tools and documentation. In addition, up to 20 hours of free Technical Support is available.
SYNC 205 Development board provides a development platform for the SYNC 200 products and projects all the features of a SYNC 200 module for testing and integration. The developer can use the board for customized development of the SYNC 200 products and to explore the possibility of integrating the device into the system. This development platform provides developers with opportunities to implement and test solutions and also to verify the various operations work as intended.
The main features of the development board are:
- Four serial RS232 ports with full modem on COM 1 and Console port
- RS485 support
- On-Board RTC
- Wide power input range
- GPIO expansion with LED indication
- Sockets for various SYNC 200 modules
The development board includes the following:
- SYNC 200 Development Board
- SYNC 200 series Quick Start Guide
- SYNC 211/ 221/ 241 – 2 numbers
- Easy Connect Configuration Tool (CD)
- RS232 DB9 Female to DB9 Female Cross
- User Manuals for Development board
- Cable – 2 numbers
- Ethernet Cross Cable -1 number
- Power Adapter 12V