The Fanox SIR-A is the relay that offers a complete solution for Recloser Control and Feeder Protection with current, voltage, and frequency functions for primary and secondary distribution.
It is available with an auxiliary power supply of 24-230 Vdc / ac, 48-230 Vdc / ca, or 24-48 Vdc (depending on the model that best suits the installation).
SIR-A has 4 current channels and up to 6 voltage channels with the advantage of measuring the voltage through capacitive and resistive sensors.
Like all Fanox relays, SIR-a is intuitive for easy handling use, has flexible communication options for the rear (RS485 for serial and RJ45 for ethernet interface), and frontal port through a micro USB connector.
In terms of rear ports, SIRA can manage multiple industrial protocols: DNP3 and Modbus (both serial or TCP versions), IEC60870-5-103, IEC60870-5-104, and IEC61850.
In case a CB is manually closed, a switch on to an existing fault may occur. This fault condition is critical if the overcurrent protection function does not clear the fault until the adjusted time delay is finished. It is necessary, in those cases, to clear the fault quickly using the SOTF function.
- The SIR-A is a recloser control and feeder protection relay with current, voltage, and frequency functions for primary and secondary distribution with an auxiliary power supply of 24-230 Vdc/ ac, 48-230 Vdc/ac, or 24-48 Vdc (depending on model).
- 4 current channels and up to 6 voltage channels.
- Voltage measurement through capacitive and resistive sensors.
- Metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and a wide range of operating temperature.
- Protection of decoupling, load shedding, and loss of main (islanding). Loss of Main (islanding) occurs when part of the public utility network loses connection with the rest of the system. If this situation is not detected, then the generator could remain connected, causing a safety hazard within the network. Automatic reconnection of the generator to the network may occur causing damage to the generator and the network. SIR-A relay detects this situation thanks to its voltage and frequency functions focused on the Rate of change of frequency (ROCOF) method.
- Signalling/control of the circuit breaker (52 function) and the recloser (79 function).
- Zone selection interlocking – ZSI (68 function) is available through conﬁgurable inputs and outputs thanks to the programmable logic (PGC).
- In case a CB is manually closed, a switch on to an existing fault may occur. This fault condition is critical if the overcurrent protection function does not clear the fault until the adjusted time delay is ﬁnished. It is necessary, in those cases, to clear the fault quickly by means of SOTF function.
- To allow the communication, relays are provided with a local micro USB front port and with remote communication with different options (ports and protocols) on the rear side:
- Rear RS485 Port: IEC60870-5-103, Modbus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial.
- Rear RJ45 Port: Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP, IEC60870-5-104 or IEC61850.
- Synchronization through IRIG-B optional depending on the model.
- The SIR-A is provided with (depending on model):
- 8 conﬁgurable inputs and 7 conﬁgurable outputs.
- 24 conﬁgurable inputs and 7 conﬁgurable outputs.
- 8 conﬁgurable inputs and 18 conﬁgurable outputs.
- 16 conﬁgurable inputs and 11 conﬁgurable outputs.
- 8 conﬁgurable inputs, 7 conﬁgurable outputs, 4 AFD inputs, and 4 High-Speed outputs.
- SIR-A is ﬁtted with the demand of power (Load Data Proﬁling) with the following characteristics:
- Number of records: 2160.
- Recording mode circular.
- Sampling rate (interval): conﬁgurable through communications (1-60 min).
- Alarms panel is available.
- SIR-A is provided with non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 3072 events and disturbance fault recording (DFR), maintaining date & time thanks to its internal RTC (Real Time Clock).
- 5 records in data and COMTRADE format (260 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 252 to 259 postfault cycles.
- 25 records in data and COMTRADE format (60 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 52 to 59 postfault cycles.
- 50 records in data and COMTRADE format (30 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 22 to 29 postfault cycles.
- 100 records in data and COMTRADE format (15 cycles each record): 1 to 8 pre-fault cycles + 7 to 14 postfault cycles.)
- The oscillography is downloaded by a communications port. The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991).