SIA-F protection relay is suitable to protect installations against O/C and E/F. Its compact size makes this relay adequate for installations where the space is critical. Optionally, other protection functions such as the thermal image (ANSI 49) the trip block for switch disconnector, and control functions as the monitorization of the CB (ANSI 52), The breaker failure (ANSI 50BF) can be included.
Besides, its special mechanic with the current transformers in charge of the measurement outside, allows the user to change the transformation ratio (by giving turnes through the holes of these current transformers.
The relay is designed to work with standard current transformers (1 A or 5 A of secondary) and is able to measure up to 30 times the nominal current. It is provided with local and rear communications, with optional protocols as Modbus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial.
Up to 3 outputs and 2 inputs are included in the relay to monitor and signal different situations in the installation.
The SIA-F is able to record up to 200 events, 4 fault reports, and 1 oscillographic record in non-volatile RAM memory with the date and time thanks to its internal real clock (RTC)
Thanks to its versatility and to its compact size, this relay can be used in a lot of applications.
Main Applications: Secondary Distribution, RMUs, and SF6 Insulated Switchgears
Technical SheetEN / FANOX DATA SHEET OCEFSecondaryDist SIA-F R08.pdf
- The SIA-F is an overcurrent and earth fault for secondary distribution protection relay with universal auxiliary power supply 24-230 Vac/dc. The current measurement is obtained by standard current transformers /1 or /5.
- The relay can be also supplied by a USB cable connected to the laptop, with the USB KITCOM adapter or a standard power bank.
- Metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and wide range of operating temperature.
- To allow the communication, relays are provided with a local micro USB front port and with remote communication with different protocols on the rear side depending on model
- 1 RS485 Port: Modbus RTU
- 1 RS485 Port: DNP3.0 Serial
- The SIA-F has up to 2 configurable inputs and up to 3 configurable outputs (depending on model).
- The SIA-F is provided with non-volatile RAM memory in order to store up to 200 events and disturbance fault recording (DFR4 fault reports and 1 oscillographic record in COMTRADE format), maintaining date & time thanks to its internal RTC (real Time Clock):
- The oscillography is downloaded by a communications port. The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991).
50 Instantaneous phase overcurrent
51 Inverse time phase overcurrent
50G Instantaneous measured neutral overcurrent
51G Inverse time measured neutral overcurrent
49 Thermal overload
52 Breaker Wear Monitoring
50BF Circuit breaker failure
86 Trip lockout
68 Trip Bus
TB Trip Block for switch disconnector
PGC Programmable logic control
RTC Real Time Clock
PGC Programmable Logic Control
HMI Human Machine Interface
SER Sequential Event Recording
DFR Disturbance Fault Recording
LDP Load Data Profiling
STTG Settings Groups
EN / FANOX MANUAL MODBUS MAP SIA-F R001.pdf
ES / FANOX MANUAL MAP MODBUS SIA-F R001.pdf
En / FANOX MANUAL DNP3Map SIA-F R001.pdf
ES / FANOX MANUAL MAPA DNP3 SIA-F R001.pdf
EN FANOX SICOM MANUAL COMSoftware SICOM R009.pdf
ES / FANOX MANUAL USUARIO Software Comunicacion SICOM R004.pdf
Communication Software for SIA & SIL protection relays
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, to modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements and to analyse and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with the Windows® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating system.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading settings files
- Saving and Loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and block/unblock the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The update of the software does not require any user´s action, this is, if the computer is connected to Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.
|SIA-B Specific CT's||SIA-B Standard CT's||SIA-C Standard CT's||SIA-F|
|TYPE||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||SELF & DUAL POWERED (SELF+AUX)||AUXILIARY POWERED|
|Auxiliary Supply||24-230 Vac/dc||24-230 Vac/dc||24Vdc230Vac48 Vdc110-230 Vac/Vdc||24-220 Vcc / 48-230 Vac|
|Self Power Supply||I > 0,35 x Is min (x3)||0,075 In (x3)||0,1 In (x3)|
|External battery||USB cable / Power bank||USB cable / Power bank||KITCOM||USB cable / Power bank|
|Internal battery||√ (*)||√||√ (*)|
|Consumption||0,5 W||1,5 W||0,5 W||1,5 – 2,2 W|
|CT||Specific CT||Standard CT/1A - 2VA||Standard CT/1A - 2.5VA Standard CT/5A - 5VA||Standard CT/1 - 0,5VA Standard CT/5A - 0.5VA|
|68 Zone Selection interbloking||1||1||1|
|Inputs||--- EXT.TRIP||3 DI||--- EXT.TRIP 2DI 2DI + EXT.TRIP||--- 2DI|
|Outputs||--- 2NC-NO||3 NC-NO||--- 2 NC-NO 3 NO||1 NO + 2 NC-NO|
|Output for STRIKER||24 Vdc – 135 mJ||24 Vdc – 135 mJ||24 Vdc – 135 mJ|
|LEDs||2 LEDs 2 LEDs +1MAG.FLAG||4 LEDs||3 LEDs + 1 MAG.FLAGS 3 LEDs + 3 MAG.FLAGS||3 LEDs configurable|
|HMI||20x2 LCD + 7/8 keys||20x2 LCD + 8 keys||20x2 LCD + 7/8 keys||20x2 LCD + 7 keys|
|Oscillography||10 records x 50 cycles||10 records x 50 cycles||1 record x 22 cycles|
|Local Port (frontal)||Micro USB||Micro USB||RS232 Micro USB||Micro USB|
|Remote Port (rear)||RS485||RS485||RS485||RS485|
|Communications Protocols||ModBus RTU||ModBus RTU ModBus RTU or DNP3.0||ModBus RTU ModBus RTU or IEC60870-5-103||ModBus RTU DNP3.0|
|Size of (HxW)||Vertical: 120,65 x 167,80 mmHorizontal: 185,80 x 102,7 mm||90 x 245 mm||Vertical Compact: 177 x 155 mmVertical Standard: 177 x 189 mmHorizontal: 177,8 x 290,3 mm||167,80 x 120,65 mm|
SIA-B SPECIFIC CT’s
DUAL & SELF-POWERED OC&EF PROTECTION RELAYS
Impeccably suited for protection in distribution as well as in Renewable Energy systems, SIA-B Protection Relay with specific CT’s, provides a comprehensive range of protection functions in an amazingly compact and lightweight housing, preventative maintenance, and remarkable cost savings.
Remote communications RS485 Modbus RTU
- Self-Powered & Dual-Powered (Self+Vaux)
- Low consumption
- Wide protection range through the Sensors
- Load data profiling
- Disturbance fault recording
- With internal commissioning battery as optional
Ansi Code Functions
50, 51, 51N, 49T, 50N, 49, PGC, TB