Feeder Protection Relay for Primary and Secondary Distribution
Fanox SIL-A Relay has been designed for overcurrent and earth fault protection. It takes a step forward in line protection, providing advanced communications and more protection functions such as auto-recloser.
Moreover, the ability to choose between standard /1 A or /5 A CTs easily by software, combined with more sensitive measurements, provides the flexibility and reliability you need for complete line protection.
SIL-A Models B / C
Overcurrent & Earth Fault Protection Relay
- The SIL-A is an overcurrent and earth fault protection relay for primary and secondary distribution with an auxiliary power supply 24-230 Vac/dc.
- The current measurement is obtained either by standard current transformers /1 or /5, or by special Low Power Current Transformers (LPCT).
- Many protection functions: 50_1, 50/51, 50N/G_1, 50/51N/G, 52, 46, 79, 74TCS, CLP, 86, 49T and optionally 50_2, 50N/G_2, 49, 74CT, 37, 46BC, 50BF, TB and SHB (Second Harmonic Blocking)
- Metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and a wide range of operating temperatures.
- Direct signaling/control of the circuit breaker (52 function) and the recloser (79 function).
- Zone selection interlocking (68 function) is available through configurable inputs and outputs thanks to the programmable logic (PGC).
- Relays are provided with a local RS232 front port and with remote communication with different options (ports and protocols) on the rear side to allow the communication:
- 1 RS485 Port: IEC60870-5-103, Modbus RTU or DNP3.0 Serial (selectable by general settings).
- 1 RJ45 Port: IEC61850, Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC60870-5-104 (selectable by general settings).
- The SIL-A has configurable and dedicated inputs and outputs, depending on adaptation:
- Adaptation “B”: 6 configurable Digital Inputs and 4 configurable Digital Outputs.
- Adaptation “C”: 4 configurable Digital Inputs, 2 dedicated Digital Inputs, and 4 configurable Digital Outputs.
- SIL-A is fitted with the demand of current (Load Data Profiling) with the following characteristics:
- Number of records: 168.
- Recording mode circular.
- Sampling rate (interval): configurable through communications (1-60 min).
- SIL-A is provided with non-volatile RAM memory to store up to 200 events and disturbance fault recording (DFR – 20 fault reports and 5 oscillographic records in COMTRADE format), maintaining date & time thanks to its internal RTC (Real Time Clock).
- The oscillography is downloaded by a communications port. The SICom communications program allows the oscillography record to be downloaded and saved in COMTRADE format (IEEE C37.111-1991).
50 instantaneous phase overcurrent
51 Inverse time phase overcurrent
51N Inverse time calculated neutral overcurrent
49T External Trip
51G Inverse time measured neutral overcurrent
50N Instantaneous calculated neutral overcurrent
50G Instantaneous measured neutral overcurrent
46 Phase balance current protection
46BC Broken conductor detection
37 Instantaneous phase undercurrent
49 Thermal overload
SHB Second-harmonic blocking
CLP Cold Load Pick-up
79 AC Reclosing device
52 Breaker wear monitoring
50BF Circuit breaker failure
74TCS Trip circuit supervision
74CT Phase CT supervision
86 Trip output
68 Zone Selection Interlocking
PGC Programmable logic
TB Trip Block for switch disconnector
Communication Software for SIA & SIL protection relays
The SICom PC software has been designed and programmed to gain access to all of Fanox relays information, to modify the settings and configuration, check states and measurements and to analyse and save events and fault reports using a graphic-friendly user interface.
SICom software works with the Windows® Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating system.
- General data reading: Complete model, Version, Serial number, etc.
- States reading
- Measurements reading
- Reading and changing settings
- Reading and changing configuration
- Reading and deleting events
- Reading and deleting fault reports
- Reading and deleting demand current (load data profiling)
- Reading and saving oscillographic records in Comtrade format
- Changing the user passwords
- Saving and Loading settings files
- Saving and Loading configuration files
- Saving events and fault reports
- Saving demand current (load data profiling)
- Date-time synchronization
- Configuring the communication parameters
- Reading and changing counters
- Commands for opening and closing the circuit breaker and block/unblock the recloser
- Configuration of the inputs
- Configuration of the outputs
- Configuration of the causes that start a Fault Report
The update of the software does not require any user´s action, this is, if the computer is connected to Internet, SICom updates itself when it is started.
It will allow you to prepare all the settings and relay configurations without having the relay connected to the PC (offline mode), reducing engineering and commissioning time.
SICom program uses Modbus protocol, so only the ports with this protocol can be used to establish the communication.
|SIL RANGE||SIL-D||SIL-A||SIL-B||SIL-G||SIL-V||SIL G ADVANCED|
|Type||OC & EF FOR PRIMARY DISTRIBUTION||OC & EF FOR PRIMARY DISTRIBUTION||FEEDER PROTECTION||GENERATOR PROTECTION||GENERATOR PROTECTION||FEEDER AND GENERATOR PROTECTION|
|Auxiliary Supply||24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac||24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac||24–48Vdc90-300Vdc/110-230Vac||24–48Vdc90-300Vdc/110-230Vac||24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac||24-220 Vdc/48-230 VacSelf-powered through the VTs|
|Consumption||3,3 – 4,5 W||3,3 – 4,5 W||3,3 – 5,5 W||3,3 – 5,5 W||3,3 – 5,5 W|
|Current measurement||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA||Standard CT 0,5VA|
|Voltage measurement||VT||VT||VT or directly from the line||VT or Directly from the line|
|VT connection type||Adjustable||Adjustable|
|68 (Trip Bus)||1||1|
|Inputs||6||6||8||8||6||8 / 16 / 24 / 8 + 4 AFD|
|Outputs||2 NO + 2 NC – NO||2 NO + 2 NC – NO||2 NC – NO + 5 NO||2 NC – NO + 5 NO||2 NO + 2 NC – NO||7 / 11 / 18 / 7 + 4 HS-O|
|LEDs||8 configurable||8 configurable||6 configurable||6 configurable||8 configurable||11 configurable|
|HMI||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X2 LCD + 7 keys||20X4 LCD + 13 keys|
|52 & 79 HMI||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 3 keys||2 led’s + 4 keys|
|Fault Report||20||20||20||20||20||Up to 100|
|Oscillography||5 records x 100 cycles||5 records x 100 cycles||2 records x 138 cycles||2 records x 138 cycles||5 records x 88 cycles||100 records x 1500 cycles|
|Local Port (frontal)||RS232||RS232||USB||USB||RS232||USB|
|Remote Port (rear)||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 + RS485Ethernet + RS485||RS485 + RS485Ethernet + RS485||RS485 or Ethernet||RS485 or Ethernet or Fiber Optic|
|Communications Protocols||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||ModBus RTUIEC60870-5-103IEC60870-5-104DNP3.0 (TCP/IP)IEC61850||Modbus RTUDNP3.0 SerialIEC 60870-5-103Modbus TCP/IPDNP3.0 TCP/IPIEC 61850|
|Size of||177 x 107 mm||177 x 107 mm||241,31 x 177,80 mm||241,31 x 177,80 mm||177 x 107 mm||198 x 187 mm|
The SIL-A is an EFFICIENT, ADVANCED, and RELIABLE Feeder Protection Relay with Overcurrent and Earth fault Protection for Primary and Secondary Distribution.
Fanox has used the latest hardware technology to develop SIL-A Advanced, and it is available in several models according to customer requirements and installation needs.
SIL-A has a design that requires less equipment and space, reducing operating costs and maintenance. The optimal design makes the useful life of the device longer and enhanced safety by reducing hazards
Ansi Code Functions
50, 51, 51N, 51G, 50N, 50G, S0FT, 46, 46BC, 37, 49, SHB, CLP,
79 AC, 52, 50BF, 74TCS, 60CT, 86, 68, PGC, TB
Fanox SIL-D brings you all features in our SIL-A relays, adding the highly requested Neutral Directional protection function for even wider protection.
Therefore, SIL-D is designed for overcurrent and earth fault protection to take a step forward in line protection, providing advanced communications and more protection functions such as auto-recloser.
Most noteworthy like SIL-A, the ability to easily choose between standard /1 or /5 CTs by software combined with more sensitive measurements provides you the flexibility and reliability you need for complete line protection.
Ansi Code Functions
50, 51, 49T, 50N, 67N, 67N, CLP, 79, 52, 50BF, 74TCS, 86, TB, 59N, 67NI