SIL-B FEEDER Protection Relays
The SIL B is a Relay for Primary Distribution which is able to protect a feeder by means of current and voltage functions.
It is normally used with a circuit breaker as cutting element.
- Protection functions available in SIL-B are the following:
50P (2), 50N/G (2), 67P (2), 67N (2), 46, 59P (2), 59N (2), 27P (2), 32/40 (4), 79, 50BF, 52, 49, 86 Cold Load Pick-up, 49T, 74TCS.
Optionally: 81 U/O, 25, 37 and IRIG-B.79 protection function (Recloser) allows up to 5 attempts of reclosing which can be programmed by the user.
- Monitors differences in voltage magnitudes, phase angles, and frequencies to perform synchronism checks across the circuit breaker. This function can be coordinated with the auto-reclose function (up to five recloses).
- Is used with auxiliary power supply (110-230 Vac/ 90-300 Vdc and optionally 24-48 Vdc).
- SIL B has metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and wide range of operating temperature.
- Its reduced size makes the SIL B relay easy to install and its light weight helps the customer to save costs in transport.
- Direct signalling/control both of the circuit breaker (52 function), both of the recloser (79 function).
- To allow the communication relays have a communication port on the front of the equipment.
- Two rear ports on the back for remote communication. Two communication protocols can be used simultaneously:
- MODBUS RTU
- IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 61850, DNP 3.0 or IEC 60870-5-104
- Shows multiple measurements: Currents, voltages, phase current angles, Cos φ, powers, frequencys, ….
- 8 configurable inputs and 7 configurable outputs.
- 2 Oscillographic records, 20 fault reports and non-volatile RAM memory: stores 1.000 events with date/time even without power supply thanks to its internal RTC.