SIL-G Generator Protection Relays
The SIL-G is a relay for primary distribution which can protect a feeder by means of current and voltage functions.
It is also provided with the main functions to protect a generator protecting decoupling, load shedding and loss of main (islanding). It is normally used with a circuit breaker as cutting element.
- SIL-G can work with auxiliary power supply 24-220 Vdc/48-230 Vac or in self-powered mode through the VTs (depending on model).
- Capability of measuring up to 1.000 volts when it is connected directly to the low voltage line.
- Protects decoupling, load shedding and loss of main (islanding).
Loss of Mains (islanding) occurs when part of the public utility network loses connection with the rest of the system. If this situation is not detected,then the generator could remain connected, causing a safety hazard within the network. Automatic reconnection of the generator to the network may occur causing damage to the generator and the network. SIL-G protection relay detects this situation thanks to its voltage and frequency functions focused on the Rate of change of frequency (ROCOF) method.
- Protection functions: 50 (2), 67/51/50 (4), 50N (1), 50G (1), 67N (2), 67G (2), 46, 46BC, 49, 37, 59 (2), 59N/G (2), 59L, 47, 27(2), 27V1, 27L, 32 (4), 81O/U (4), 81R (4), 78, CLP, SHB, 50BF, 79, 52, 86, 49T, 74CT,60, 74TCS.
Optionally 25, 27L and 59L.
- Arc Flash detection (AFD) with 4 AFD inputs and 4 high-speed outputs available depending on model.
- 79 protection function (Recloser) allows up to 4 attempts of reclosing which can be programmed by the user.
- SIL-G has metallic box with high electromagnetic compatibility level (EMC) and wide range of operating temperature.
- Direct signaling/control of the circuit breaker (52 function), of the recloser (79 function) and the communications
- To allow the communication locally, relays have a front USB port. Depending on model, WiFi local communication
- For remote communications several rear ports are available with the following protocols (depending on model):
- Serial rear port RS485: Modbus RTU, DNP3.0 Serial or IEC 60870-5-103
- Ethernet rear port RJ45: Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3.0 TCP/IP or IEC 61850
- Fiber Optic: redundant communication (HSR – IEC 61850)
- Alarms panel is available.