Why is Fanox the world’s leading manufacturer of SELF-POWERED relays?
Years ago, we perceived the giant potential of Self-powered Protection Relays. Now we are the world’s leaders in SELF-POWERED technology thanks to our hard work, know-how and experience. Along the way, we have launched overcurrent, earth fault, undervoltage and overvoltage, frequency or feeder relays, and in recent years we are focused on Recloser Control Technologies. We are supported by a long list of new-generation developments during our more than 20 years of experience.
New developments have been successfully introduced in the market and Utilities worldwide have relied on our technology. Our innovative spirit, the direct care of the market requirements and our extensive experience in the manufacture of protection relays, have made our Self-powered Relays a reference worldwide.
Our relays include the latest technology: LCD, keyboard, event recording, SCADA communication, PC software … Furthermore a great advantage is that these relays ease commissioning and start-up of installations, and also make it easier to manage the equipment in adverse conditions.
Main advantages over other brands:
- The relays are Self-powered by the current measured by CTs fitted on the lines. The MAIN ADVANTAGE comparing with other self-powered relays in the market is that Fanox relays do not required internal batteries. This means that the maintenance of transformation centers is heavily reduced.
- High electromagnetic compatibility makes FANOX relays the safest in the market. KEMA certification proves it.
- 5 years warranty at least.
- Standard CTs /1A or /5A can be used saving money due to as specific CTs are not required.
- Fanox Self-powered Relays are able to trip all the strikers in the market. A setting that allows the user to select the required voltage by the striker. Possibility of LOCAL AND REMOTE communication.
- Very intuitive menu, extremely easy to set.
- Our flexible design offers solutions for all the applications worldwide: coils, strikers, dual-powered installations…
- No one in the market gives more quality and features with such competitive prices. Besides, all models can be powered from an external battery, in order to facilitate the commissioning of the centers (the settings and configuration procedure can be carried out before installing the relay), to avoid any possible incident during the commissioning process.
Solutions for the Smart Grid and Predictive Maintenance Network
Our relays incorporate new industry trends in remote communication protocols for substation Automation.
In all Fanox relays for Primary Distribution (SIL family) the protocol IEC 61850 can be included as an option. This protocol is an international standard designed for the integration and communication of electrical devices in the substations.
Besides, it uses new concepts and the most advanced technology to handle the data management and to simplify the applications and devices integration.